The United Way of Allegheny County, The University of Pittsburgh’s Office of Child Development and Be There campaign partners invite you to attend the second annual Be There School Attendance Matters Conference.
This year’s conference will highlight parent engagement, attendance data, best practices in creating positive environments for students and motivating them towards success, policies and practices that impact school attendance and more. Join over 200 educators, community leaders and parents from across Allegheny County in this important discussion and learning opportunity.
Dr. Heather Weiss of the Harvard Family Research Project will discuss parent engagement as a strategy for increased school attendance. Heather will outline what transformative parent engagement looks like and will provide recommendations as to supporting these kinds of parent engagement activities in our region.
- What local data tells us about attendance
- How to create an attendance going culture in your school or program
- Building positive relationships with youth
- Policy, Government structures, services and school attendance
- Supporting school attendance in out of school time
- Parent Organizing for education
- Restorative Practices
- Engaging High school students in attendance work
Follow on Twitter